May Project Gardens is an award-winning social enterprise - a highly skilled and passionate team working to empower and educate urban communities to live sustainably. Key part of our mission is to educate young people, so the new generation can integrate these habits into their lives and lead this personal and social change. We’re also aware of the need to break down some of the stereotypes associated with health and wellbeing, environmentalism and socially conscious movements and make it more financially attainable.
In 2015, we piloted the Hip Hop Garden programme and were awarded the Team London Greening and Cleaning Award for innovative work with young people, at City Hall. Since April 2016, we’ve been working with some of the most disadvantaged young people in London to engage them with healthy living and diets.
(Hip Hop Garden: an innovative, alternative education model using hip hop to educate and empower marginalised young people to live healthily, learn entrepreneurial skills, and grow their communities.)
We now need to raise further money to run this award-winning course in the ninth most deprived ward in the UK - allowing these young people to take their skills to a new level, improve community cohesion and build their self-esteem. To do this, we need to present our data in a visually appealing way to donors and funders.
- To show the success of our Hip Hop Garden workshops and pilot programme in terms of youth engagement, learning and personal development.
Create (you can choose to create one or more visualizations):
- an infographic to show the impact of all the programmes
- an infographic to show the impact of Marcus Lipton 2016
Selected visualizations will be:
- featured on the website and in print.
DATA (SEE BELOW)
Please mention the data source.
- The current stats page that May Project Gardens wants to improve.
- May Project Gardens' logo
- Hip hop is used to teach kids about gardening, Tree Hugger
- Morden's Hip Hop Garden Project gets the thumbs up from Boris Johnson, Your Local Guardian
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Sign up as a volunteer if you haven't yet
- Use the hashtag #VizForSocialGood on Twitter to submit your visualization(s) and a link (if applicable).
- Mention @datachloe & @may_gdn.
April 30th, 2017 (11:59pm PST).