- The Hidden Genius Project was founded in 2012 by five black male entrepreneurs/technologists who were unnerved by the dramatic juxtaposition between the high unemployment of black male youth and the plethora of career opportunities within the local technology sector. To address this challenge, the founders established a program to connect underserved, young black males with the skills, mentors, and experiences that they need to become high-performing entrepreneurs and technologists in a 21st century, global economy..
- Design a data visualization to build awareness about The Hidden Genius Project, and let people know that their students/youth are #HiddenNoMore and that they have had their #GeniusRevealed.
- Invite people to join the conversation through positive, aspirational, and informative data visualization. A positive tone is very important as the main goal is to drive actions.
SELECTED VISUALIZATIONS WILL BE FEATURED ON ITS
- social media, and
- video campaign(s).
(Any visualization that is used on The Hidden Genius Project communication channels will probably go through some fine tune adjustments.)
CALL TO ACTIONS
- You can also use reliable open data in your visualization.
- Silicon Valley, Seeking Diversity, Focuses on Blacks, The New York Times
- Hidden Genius Project Provides Tech Mentorship for Young Black Men, Mashable
- Organization logo
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Sign up as a volunteer if you haven't
- Use the hashtag #VizForSocialGood on Twitter to submit your visualization(s) and a link (if applicable).
- Mention @datachloe & @hiddengeniuspro.
- March 2nd, 2017 (11:59pm PST).