The United Nations SDG Action Campaign is a special initiative of the UN Secretary-General administered by the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and mandated to support the UN system-wide and the Member States on advocacy and public engagement in the SDG implementation.
Building on innovative and impactful engagement techniques deployed since 2002, the UN SDG Action Campaign intends to create awareness about the 2030 Agenda, empower and inspire people across the world to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while generating political will, and help make the Goals attainable by 2030. http://sdgactioncampaign.org/
The United Nations MY World 2030 survey is gathering people’s views on the state of poverty, inequality and climate change, based on where you live. The project continues on from the highly successful MYWorld 2015 project which gathered and channeled the voice of over ten million people into the deliberations of what the Goals should be.
MY World 2030 is an initiative of the UN SDG Action Campaign, UNDP and the Overseas Development Institute with thousands of additional outreach partners from UN agencies and NGOs, to youth groups and private sector companies. Data will be gathered to build up a picture of progress over the next fifteen years.
Your vote matters. The UN is working with governments everywhere to implement the ambitious set of Goals to address extreme poverty and preserve the planet. The data from this MY World survey are publicly available and open to everyone to analyse and share. These data will be presented back to world leaders and decision makers at key moments over the next fifteen years, both formally through political processes and informally through creative ‘People’s Voices’ exhibitions and films.
- A visualization based on the pie charts in http://data.myworld2015.org to understand demographics (including disability status) of survey respondents.
- A visualization for the 3rd rating question on MYWorld, “Would you say the situation on your chosen Goal has got better, stayed the same or got worse over the past 12 months?”
- Any data visualization or Tableau story related to survey data which can be included in http://data.myworld2030.org/
Selected visualizations will be:
- Featured on UN SDG Action Campaign social media.
- Potentially featured on other communication channels. (e.g. website, publication) This will be determined and evaluated by UN SDG Action Campaign.
- Selected visualizations will be presented back to world leaders and decision makers at key moments over the next fifteen years, both formally through political processes and informally through creative ‘People’s Voices’ exhibitions and films.
Kindly take the survey to understand the data: https://myworld2030.org/
Join the live webinar for a comprehensive introduction to the project and the various people involved and a chance to ask questions ahead of the data challenge
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Use the hashtags #VizForSocialGood and #MakeoverMonday on Twitter to submit your visualization(s) and a link (if applicable).
- Mention @datachloe (Chloe, Viz for Social Good), @TriMyData (Eva, Makeover Monday), @VizWizBI (Andy, Makeover Monday) & @SDGaction (SDG Action Campaign), e.g. by tagging these Twitter handles in your images.
- Check out this website as well as Makeover Monday for more information on these data challenges
- 3 September 2017: Data will be published
- 4 September 2017: Official start to the data challenge
- 15 September 2017 (11:59pm PT): deadline for submissions to Viz for Social Good and the UN SDG Action Campaign